Please allow presets and packs to use a custom location. This would enable
- Smaller disc footprint when separate from the os / system drive
- Easier cloud storage or other synched backup
- Increased interest in creating my own packs
(also currently thwarted via custom pack image shenanigans)
first of my posts warning: I know I can read as angry but it is instead me trying to sense make; I am very much capable of laughing at myself and forever BS in Computer Science live in error.
Many years in software both as mentor and tormentor give me a perfectly contextless hypothesis that it should not require much implementation as the pack, well, export but I wanted to say packing processcreates what looks like the same requisite model w/ both .xml and .db; also my VST3 lives happily by its lonesome in a custom folder on the D not C drive insanity!
once you see good UX you cannot cannot unsee bad UX
This could seem minor if I lived entirely in my XXXtra large SubLab, but this is one of many key instruments in my arsenal that I would much prefer to champion over mixed review or even deride.
The latest packs follow this antipattern of cognitive load
- XL only partially in the cover image, the latest ♮ Divine Bass | FAW/product/divine-bass
- (╯°🔥°)╯︵ ┻━┻
- is preceded by SubLab classic offering ♮ Divine Bass Vol II | FAW/product/divine-bass-vol-ii/
- and for the next level shrug life, check out [not even going to link it level]
- XL Hits-Dna
- Classic hits-dna-vol-2
- Classic hits-dna-vol3
You are ready to name the next 2Fast 2Charlize Furiosa MadMax and Dominic Toretto teamup dystopian banger!
LogLevel probably not interesting below
- first SubLab via MacBook Pro on Catalina
- horrible horrible laptop stroke followed by replacement clean install on Big Surveillance
- WinD’ohs 10 machine built to play steam games during the pandemic is now the only machine capable of sound design (or in some cases even just base level plugin use)
- barely incentivized to move from Ableton Live 10 suite but am now transitioning to a downloaded but uninstalled 11
- Sub LabRat sans cheese deets: had support send me SubLab XL Win 1.0.4 Beta after SubLab XL Win installer RC no Fn clue locked upon saying “Authentication Success”
- edit for clarity
- edit for decision maker context