SubLab XL and Windows 7

Hey everyone,

We’ve been working on making SubLab XL work with Windows 7. Please see the stepped instructions below.

Step 1: Install VC++ Redistributables**

1. Download the VC++ Redistributable package from the following link:
    https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe
  2. Once the download is complete, run the installer to install the VC++ Redistributables on your Windows 7 machine.

Step 2: Install stubs DLLs in the System Folder

1. Download the stubs DLLs required for the software to run on Windows 7 from the following link:
    https://cdn.futureaudioworkshop.com/downloads/sublabxl/Extras/SubLabXL_win7_dlls.zip
  2. Locate the C:\Windows\System32 folder on your machine.
  3. Copy the downloaded stubs DLLs to the System32 folder.
  4. Ensure that the DLLs are properly placed in the folder, and that you have permission to copy files to this location.

Step 3: Be sure to use version 1.0.4 of SublabXL

1. Before running the software, verify that you have the correct version (version X) of the software.
  2. If you don’t have the correct version, download and install it before proceeding.

That should do it! The software should now be able to run on your Windows 7 machine!

1 Like

I want to believe this fix is intended to work for Sublab as well given it’s been part of the discussion.

I finally got a chance to try this, and I was at least able to get to the activation screen of Sublab this time, so it seems the fix at least partially addresses the issue for Sublab as well.

However, upon clicking Activate, I get the following issues - one is from Visual Studio, though obviously I don’t have symbols to work with. The last is when attempting to load it and activate as a plugin rather than standalone. This issue happens when running the standalone as Administrator as well (which I tried to see if I could just get it activated so could then use it):

@EnergyCrush see my reply in the SubLab Win 7 thread!

Thanks,
Gavin.