SubLab feature requests thread!

Hi there I just realized that is not present a undo / redo function, I think it should be helpful

@Residente

Yes, undo and redo would be great. Weā€™re using JUCE for SubLab, but its undo-redo is a bit tricky to implement cleanly.

2 Likes

Please allow micro tuning with scala files like omnisphere.

2 Likes

This might require an overhaul of the plugin but having a waveshaper in the sample chain is a gamechanger for kicks and snares. That would essentially eliminate the needs for finding "the right sampleā€™ that has a particular click or transientā€¦you could just make it with a waveshaper right in the plugin. In turn, this would save a lot of time by turning something that sounds ā€œclose enoughā€ to exactly what you want or a happy accident - weā€™ve ALL experienced that. Just a thought.

Thumbed Up the following:
A/Bā€™ing
Undo/Redo - I read your note.
Add a second or third layer - In the worksā€¦ok
On/Off toggles in addition to sliders - definite workflow perk

Considering what the plugin is, at the moment, I would like to see it evolve such that you can use free curves to tween the frequency from the head to the tail of the modulated sine wave and floating tags or hover-over tags with the key at the points of change; essentially, doing away with the old fashioned ADSR curves. For example, upon striking a C note, the sublayer ends on a G.

That is all for now.

Update 1: How about note velocity?

2 Likes

@Mathematics Are you talking about a pitch envelope with pitch-region tags?

+1 for tuning capabilities. Full on .tun or .scl support would be ideal based on principle, but even a ā€œfineā€ adjustment knob would do the trick, as this tool isnā€™t really designed for chords and complex note functions :wink:

Honestly, Iā€™m a little shocked that this isnā€™t already cooked in, simply as a standard synth function useful for all sorts of reasons.

1 Like

Maybe Iā€™m not doing something right but in ableton the legato function glides between notes that arenā€™t even overlapping. Itā€™s extremely annoying and tedious to move the notes slightly off from beside one another. Iā€™m really enjoying the plugin but this is a big hit as I like to use the glide function in a way that doesnā€™t inhibit my workflow. Pls fix, Iā€™m considering returning sublab

Hey @coppleje

Did you try setting the glide time to instant? That will mean it shouldnā€™t glide from one note to another. Turning off legato means that the envelope will trigger on each new note, so you should also hear a new attack thump on every new note. Let me know if turning glide time to instant works.

Gavin.

@Gavin_FAW Where do I find the PM button to get the beta link from you? :slight_smile: For some reason Iā€™m not seeing it on your profile page.

Hey @TORLEY, I think if you click my picture youā€™ll be brought to my profile and you can send me a message from thereā€¦

Weā€™re updating the beta here, so Iā€™ll send you that latest version when its ready :slight_smile:

@Gavin_FAW Thanks, Iā€™m on your profile but donā€™t see any message link at all.

Hey @TORLEY

Do you see the ā€œmessageā€ button on the top right when you visit my profile?

Just exporting it at a diffrent root note does not change the relationships(Temperment) of the notes. It is still in 12 tone equal temperment. I wanted to be able to add the functions of microtuning so we could use diffrent types of temperment, like just intonation for example. And to be able to tune to diffrent concert pitches like omnisphere would be helpful for people looking to tune to something like 432. Thank you.

1 Like

What I was talking about was changing the relationships of the notes(temperment) and concert pitch(like 432hz like in omnisphere). I donā€™t think we were talking about the same thing. Check out roels world blog concert pitch vs tuning systems for more info on what I am talking about.

@Gavin_FAW No I donā€™t see that at all. Iā€™m not seeing it on any profile pages and I tried it in another browser too. Does something need to be enabled from your site?

1 Like

Same here. Went to PM for beta and couldnā€™t find any way to send a message anywhere on the whole site. Was just about to send an email, but thought to catch up here first.

Hey guys, I think it might have something to do with the different levels of membership on the forum, as in you need to have done a few posts before you can send other members private messages. Iā€™ll have a look into itā€¦

That still wouldnt change temperment.

Just adding another couple to the list

• User setting that allows the sampler to by-pass the envelopes completely. This is useful for kick samples that have their own envelope already applied that you donā€™t want interfered with.

• Add setting that allows you to disable note-off re-triggering when in legato mode.

Hello everyone new to community. So far Iā€™m loving Sublab! Anything I been looking for is on these threads.

Anyways, my request would be for those of us (or just me hahah) that DAWs dont support drag and drop. Maybe build a browser button somewhere on top or something.

Thanks and God bless.

1 Like