SubLab feature requests thread!

Hey @MeMu, yes this is a good idea. We can easily add an item to the sample menu that allows you open a browser.

We’re just getting the first release version ready here, so it won’t be included in this build but will add it in the next one after.

Thanks for giving the feedback!

Gavin.

1 Like

Another feature request is for your most recent loaded samples to appear at the top of the sample menu when you open it

I’m finding it hard to work without velocity sensitivity - that would make a big difference to me! Ideally close to source (i.e. before distortion) to get variation.

1 Like

Hi, few suggestions from a couple of weeks of use.

1. Ideally the synth should have a different envelope from the sample - i find myself wanted to shorten the impact of the synth but then I lose some of the sample also.
  2. Can’t seem to find a way to undo changes?
  3. Can’t find a way to tune the drum sample.

Loving the plugin so far, but 1) and 3) make it largely unusable for my style of working,

thx

1 Like

@leehu

There is an envelope on the sample, albeit “in” and “out”. We could expand this into an ADSR or do you want something different?

We’re going to add tuning for the sample, at the moment, tuning only occurs with the keyboard follow turned on.

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming :slight_smile:
Gavin.

Hi, I was referring to the fact that the synth volume envelope also affects the sample, i.e. put the synth volume envelope to 0.5s to control the synth sound, and the sample will also stop playing after 0.5s, even if the sample is 1s in length. I’d like these two to be separate and not linked.

@leehu ah yes, this is something that we’ve thought about quite a bit. If you look at the interface, the main blue volume envelope is not accessible on the sampler page. Originally we imagined the blue volume envelope would not affect the sample, but then during testing we found that it sounded best if the blue envelope was also applied to the sample. Its a simple enough fix on our side add a setting to apply the blue envelope.

1 Like

…for live use it would be handy to be able to browse presets (a presetlist) via midi program change message…

Hi. thx. Yes, I think having the option to apply the envelope or not would provide the best of both worlds.

1 Like

Really liking the plugin so far. I appreciate the responsiveness to requests here.

• Manual: I agree with others that an official manual is very much appreciated for any instrument plugin. Covering each feature in detail sometimes reveals nuances that I would not have expected.

• Freeform Glide Time: I would very much appreciate a Glide Time option of “Free” with a second input appearing that allows the glide time to be set to any number of milliseconds. It is somewhat restrictive for the glide time to be pinned to specific multiples of session tempo. It is common for me to adjust the glide timing in small detail in other synths for bass sounds and it is useful to be able to automate that freeform glide time throughout a track.

• Freeform Master Pitch Automation Param: I love when software instruments include +/-12 semitone freeform “Master Pitch” as an automatable parameter. In some DAWs like ProTools, you are only able to draw jagged midi pitch wheel automation, while you can draw smooth curves and angled lines for non-midi parameters like a plugin’s own “Master Pitch”. In synth plugins that support this I usually prefer using it as opposed to using midi pitch wheel when I want to draw in a few special pitch drops or risers. Primary use case for this, very common in bass and 808 parts, is to draw in a 12 semitone drop on the final bass note at the end of a phrase. I know I can tinker with glide to get a similar effect, but it is nice to just automate exactly the pitch change I want over time.

• Note Off Bugfix for ProTools: I (sadly) use a fairly old system: ProTools 11.3.1 on OSX 10.9.5. On this system when I stop playback in the middle of a SubLab note the note often continues to play indefinitely and gets “stuck”. I usually have to disable and re-enable the plugin to unstuck the note. This is a bug that happens with some other plugins like older versions of Arturia virtual instruments, but usually doesn’t happen with most virtual instruments for ProTools. A fix for the root cause of the problem would be great, but even a “panic” button in the plugin that can be clicked to reset the plugin’s playback and stop any stuck notes would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Hey @akaraptis

Thanks for going into detail :slight_smile:, great to get feedback so we can improve SubLab.

On the manual, yes we this is something we are planning on doing and have gotten requests about this coming in on support. How we are planning on doing it is to have a small online manual for each of the panels in the app.

On the glide, we wanted to keep this simple and since it was hip-hop/trap focused we looked at Nexus and how it provides time synced glide. We’ll leave this one open for the moment and if we get a few more requests in for mS adjustment on the glide time we’ll add it in. Should be fine, the only tricky bit is how to present it on the interface.

On the pitch automation, I’ll have a think about this. We do have a master tune in Circle2 that is automatable. We have an item on the road map for adding a base tuning (for the guys who want 437 instead of 440 Hz) so will look into this when we start working on that item.

On Protools, I’ve opened up a ticket for this. I don’t think 10.9 or protools 11 is very old. We haven’t tested in 11, if I can get a copy from Avid and we can recreate the bug, then I think we will be able to fix it. Worst case we add a panic button that resets all the voices. I’ve added this to the road map, I think we can get it into 1.1.2, which is the version we will start working on once 1.1.1 is released.

How does all this sound?

Gavin.

1 Like

Sounds great. Thanks for the response and efforts improving the plugin :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi

I found that browsing samples from the menu might be able to be bit quicker with a ‘next/previous’ button. Instead of clicking through the menu and sub-menus each time, clicking ‘next’ should load the next sample in the sub-menu/pack/folder

Hey @justin

We’re working on improving this. One thing is that you can use the arrow keys to up/down through the samples.

One feature that isn’t in the back log but is in our minds is to add favoriting and also to list the most recent loaded samples. Think this would also help a lot and wouldn’t be too hard to implement. Up down arrows might be trickier and might require a full re-design of the sample menu. I’ll pop this in the backlog and hopefully can get some improvements into 1.2

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:
Gavin

Thanks Gavin! Using the up and down arrows works

1 Like

I’d love to be able to adjust the Master Tuning as well!!!

Please have a button to open the samples (additional to drag and drop).
Drag and drop doesn’t work on some occasions.

hey @kidstretch, we have this going into the next update 1.1.1, which is going into beta testing in the next day or so. Definitely will improve things for sure! Thanks for taking the time to give us the feedback :slight_smile:

That’s great, thanks for the answer. Just bought SubLab today, is the beta going to be available for download? Thanks.

LOVING it so far guys! … but …

1. Please add a quick Next/Previous for the Sample section. Clicking to get into the Sample list, going through it, choosing the sample (with no knowledge of what we’re getting) is really inefficient. Please let us quickly hit Next/Previous to go through the list of samples so that we can immediately audition and cycle through them! Super simple request <3