Logic 10.5 SubLab issues?

Hi @Gavin_FAW,

Not sure this update was intended for my issues as well, but I downloaded this updated version anyway. The issue still persists.

Cheers!

@hwatt,

It should have fixed your issue where the audio drops on the first note. Let me look into it here and if you can let me know the build number Iā€™ll double check the installer has worked ok.

Gavin.

Hi @Gavin_FAW,

So I just opened up a fresh Logic X template which utilises the SubLab plugin (Version 1.1.4 - R436).

This gets a bit convoluted so bear with me.

Now, instead of SubLab causing all my audio to crash upon playing a note using my midi keyboard. It now causes the default SubLab sound (which happens to be ā€˜808 Smokeā€™ - Richie Souf) to play for a split second before being reduced to the sound of a light thud, like a light 808 kick sound. Oddly, when I change over to a different sound it works fine, but if I return to the ā€˜808 Smokeā€™ preset, it sounds as described previously. I noticed a significant amount of the presets are no longer playing like they should. Iā€™ve provided a list of some of these problematic presetsā€¦

ā€˜Killer Hurtsā€™ - Pure Subs (No Sound)
ā€˜Low Harmonicsā€™ - Pure Subs (No Sound)

ā€˜Sugeā€™ - Hits DNA Vol. 3 (No Character, Sounds like an 808 Kick across the keyboard)
ā€˜Thotianaā€™ - Hits DNA Vol. 3 (Same as ā€˜Sugeā€™)
ā€˜I Like It Like Thatā€™ - Hits DNA Vol. 1 (Sounds like an 808 Kick, no character variation)
ā€˜Off The Wallā€™ - Divine Bass II (Same as above)

Iā€™m sure there are more presets that arenā€™t responding like they should, but canā€™t be bothered to go through every single one lol

Cheers!
Henry

Ok @hwatt,

Let me have a look at this.

If you want you can also down grade to 1.1.3, it is available in your account. Weā€™ve rolled back to 1.1.3 due to the issues that people have been having.

Gavin.

Hi @Gavin_FAW,

Please could you explain to me how I go about doing this. Iā€™ve logged in to my FAW account, but canā€™t see an option to download 1.1.3 of SubLab.

Cheers,
Henry

Hi Henry,

The installers that are currently inside your FAW account are 1.1.3. So you can get that version under the downloads tab :slight_smile:

Take care,
Julia

Hi

Ok, perfect. Is there a specific way in which I can uninstall the current version of SubLab I have on my computer? Is there an uninstaller I can download?

Cheers,
Henry

Hi Henry,

You can just install 1.1.3 and that should do the trick! Donā€™t think itā€™s necessary to uninstall the version you have on there.

Take care,
Julia

Hi Julia,

Iā€™ve reinstalled SubLab using the links available via my account. It is not Version 1.1.3, and is in fact Version 1.1.4 (R436) - The same as I had before. The issues Iā€™ve shared on the FAW forum still persist. Itā€™s half working, a lot of my samples donā€™t play as they should but some do. Very odd.

Cheers,
Henry

You have to manually delete the newer onesā€¦
I found this out too.
Trying to reinstall over 1.13 over 1.14, the installer seemed to go thru fine, but i realise it just saw a newer version and skipped it.
rsp

@Gavin_FAW - Howā€™s the update coming along? Found out what is causing the issue yet?

close to finding a cure yet?

Guys,

Weā€™re rolling back to 1.1.3 as the version 1.1.4 has this difficult bug to trace. The only difference between the two versions is that 1.1.4 allows you to load stereo samples.

If you go to your account the installer for 1.1.3 will be available to download now. Also, if you have saved some of your own presets, you might want to copy them out from the folder /FAW/SubLab/Presets prior to running the 1.1.3 installer.

Thanks for the patience, weā€™re working on fixing the issue, but it is proving tricker that we expected!

Gavin.

Hey Gavin,

My Sublab Crashes along with logic every time I try to use it. Mac: 10.14.6. Logic 10.5.1 - Sublab 1.1.3.
tried in mono and stereo.

1.1.4 version I could get to work sometimes, but not when I reloaded the session. Iā€™ve tried to covert midi to audio as a work around, but the audio file comes out as brick wall that canā€™t be used. What to to do?
Cheers,

Hey @Music,

Can you make sure that you actually have 1.1.3 installed for me?

Iā€™d go to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components and then select SubLab and right click and select ā€œInfoā€

What should come up is a window like below:

Hey I see. Thanks. That comes up. But Iā€™ve reinstalled the other version, but I doesnā€™t overwrite? What to do next?

Ok, what I would recommend doing is to delete /Audio/Plugins/Components/SubLab.components and then run the installer and see if that works.

Let me know how it goes!

Gavin.