Circle 2.2.1 RC3 - Not Showing Icon on KK NKS

Hi,

Where can i download installer 2.2.0 to solve the NKS problem?
I purchased Circles on Plugin Boutique and only can download the latest version.
Also i contacted FAW 2 times without response and the installer on this website is from 2019.

Many thanks for help.

Ok @sl999 I’ve sent you the dl links via pm :+1:

Thanks for the links but i need older installers.
RC2 and RC3 don’t include the correct NKS files.

Thanks for the links but i need older installers.
RC2 and RC3 don’t include the correct NKS files.

Hey @sl999

Ok, so I did a fresh install on Ventura and it is showing up fine in KK. I guess you are on Windows…I’m just testing there now and will report back later today :+1: :+1:

Ok, I have verified that the icon is not showing up on Windows…

Thanks for testing.
Also no previews.

Hey there :wave:

Okay, I found the Windows 2.2.0 installer. Since you’re downgrading, I’d recommend doing a fresh install.

Please try this:

1. First, please locate your FAW/Circle-2 files on your computer. Unless you’ve created a custom filepath, the files should be located at this filepath: C:/Program Files/FAW/Circle-2

2. Then delete the …/Circle-2 folder.

3. Restart your computer and install Circle (here’s the 2.2.0 Windows installer) again using the default installer settings (ie don’t create a custom filepath for now, install all available versions - VST2, VST3, AU, AAX, 32 bit, 64 bit). Also, please make sure that your DAW is closed while running the installer.

4. Once you’ve completed all the installer steps please restart your computer again, open up your DAW, and launch Circle.

Pleasey try that and hopefully you’ll be good to go :pray:

Take care,
Julia

Wow Julia, that worked perfectly! Thanks
Can i update to the latest version now or should i leave it like it is?

OK, i tried it myself.
Installing the latest version over 2.2.0 and now everything works and has the latest version.

1 Like

Yeah, exactly. We noticed the same thing here. We’re looking at updating the windows installers so that NKS is installed correctly.

Please. I made this post 3 years ago. Update the installer and let me know.
Or post here when it´s done.

Thank you
ale@baroni.net.br

Hi Gavin. Any News? Waiting for that. Please, take a time to correct it. It´s almot 3 years with this little problem. Thank you. Alex.

I’m revisiting this issue again due to another pc upgrade - the 2.2.1 RC3 installer does not work properly. I am trying to install only the standalone and VST3 64 bit versions onto Windows 11 and the VST 3 does not install unless I also install the VST 2 version (and point the installer to both VST2 and VST3 folder locations). Just selecting VST3 does not then prompt for an install path.
In Komplete Kontrol there is an entry (with no icon) and all the previews work but I can’t load the plugin as it says it’s not installed (“Circle2 could not be loaded”) This occurs even after I have managed to install both VST2/3 64bit versions. I can load them manually inside Kontrol but not from double clicking a preset preview. There is also no desktop icon.
I will try the method Julia posted and report back.

I have managed to resolve this so I’ll leave the info here for future reference, this is for a clean install on Window 11.
Installing the old 2.2.0 version fixed the missing graphics. This didn’t include the vst3 version of the plugin though so I then installed the latest version 2.2.1 RC3. I had to install both VST2 & VST3 plugins to get the VST3 to install as selecting just VST3 didn’t install it.
I don’t believe custom locations actually made a difference (my VSTs are in program files/common files/vst2 & program files/common files/vst3).
At this point I had both VST2 & 3 working in my DAW but not in Komplete Kontrol - clicking any of the NKS presets gave me “Circle2 could not be loaded error”. To resolve this I needed to add the additional plugin path that is documented in the preset packs - C:\Program Files\FAW\Circle2\ThirdParty\NativeInstruments\VST\64 which is the path to Circle2_NKS.dll
Once this was added and Komplete Kontrol rescanned I could double click on NKS presets successfully.
I fixed the Desktop version shortcut by manually changing the icon :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I don’t believe that the developer didn’t fix it. Insane almost 3-4 years this topic. I don’t believe in this company anymore.

@a.baroni its a moving goal post, as NI update KK NKS bugs get introduced. We also now are dealing with internal changes at NI.

I understand. But I have almost US$ 50,000 in Plug-ins and Libraries and a few have problems. This one is old enough to stay in this way. I have similar problems with 1 Embertone, 1 Waves, 1 Xlis Lab. So, you are not alone. I had discussions with NI team and in general, they solve the problems or help the other companies to do that. It took some time, I know, but this one man, we are talking about 4 years. I don’t believe that it’s a big problem to solve. I was a computer programmer and I know what I’m talking about. Please, give us one estimate date to fix that please. It was working with old versions. Thank you.