Can't get a smooth release on my 808, always has a bit of an unwanted pop at the end

I’ve been using sublab for a few months now and in general it has been extremely helpful, though not without its share of hiccups. I’m working on a song now where I want a short release on the 808 but I can’t get a smooth-sounding release no matter what I do. I’ve been messing with envelope settings on the volume and the filter section, and there’s always a slight “pop” (well maybe pop isn’t the right word, just more of an unwanted emphasis) on the release portion of the 808. I can minimize it so it’s not as noticeable, but it’s definitely still there.

Am I missing something here? Is there a way to remove this popping sound from the tail of the 808? I already have tried with the “reset phase on each note” option turned on and off. When it’s set to off the problem actually seems less noticeable, strangely enough.

Any help would be appreciated as I’d like to keep using Sublab for my basses but I want to fix this release issue.