Cannot run SubLab on macOS 13.2.1 Ventura an an M1 Mini Mac

SubLab v1.0.0
Serial code in the form 4 blocks of 8 alphanumeric characters
macOS 13.2.1 Ventura
Bitwig v4.4.8

Hello, I purchased SubLab back in October last year but have only been able to install it today, I installed it okay, using the SubLab-Installer-M1.dmg installer, but when I came to run it in Bitwig 4.4.8, I got a plugin load failure message: “The plugin host died: Could not read async reply: End of stream”/ The detailed error message from the plugin manager was: “com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception.CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: Communications error with plugin host process
exit code:139
stdout:
PluginHost: Reading VST 2.4 plugin metadata for /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/SubLab.vst”

Any ideas what’s going on, anyone?

Hey @carlcaulkett,

Let me check here in Bitwig…also have you tried the Audio Unit or the VST3?

Thanks,
Gavin.

Hi Gavin!

Thanks for the reply. Bitwig only works with VST/VST3 so I couldn’t try the Audio Unit. The failure happened with the VST3; the VST wasn’t even recognised as being present by Bitwig,
and I’ve checked that the sublab.vst and sublab.vst3 files are both present in the correct folders…

Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 15.48.57.png

I’m not sure if I mentioned it before, but I’m using Bitwig 4.4.8 in macOS 13.2.1 Ventura running on an Apple Mac Mini M1.

Cheers,
Carl

Hey @carlcaulkett

Could you also please check to see what version of SubLab you have installed?

If you launch the standalone app, then click the “sublab” in the top left corner of the interface you will see the info page. Please send us a screenshot.

Take care,
Julia

Hi Julia,

Thanks for getting back to me. I tried launching the standalone app, but it crashed straight away. This is the first part of the error report…

I can send you the rest of the report if you need me to!

Cheers,
Carl

Hi there,

Thanks for letting me know. Could you please try to run this installer?

https://cdn.futureaudioworkshop.com/downloads/sublab/SubLab-Installer-v1.1.9-Beta1-M1.dmg.zip

Please run the installer with your DAW closed then restart your computer. Try to launch SubLab again (standalone and inside Bitwig) and see if the issue is resolved or not. If not, please let me know and I’ll get that crash report from you.

Take care,
Julia

Thanks for the reply, Julia!

It’s been a busy day so I’ve only just got round to trying it.

Your installer worked perfectly! Am I right in thinking that the issue was the fact that I am running an Apple Mac Mini M1?
My apologies if I didn’t mention that before :wink:

Cheers,
Carl

1 Like

Hi again, Julia!

I was so delighted to get SubLab sorted that I felt compelled to make the upgrade to SubLabXL. That one worked straight of the bat. Yay :smiley:

Cheers,
Carl

1 Like

Hi Carl,

Yeah, that’s what I suspected! And you did mention it so that made it easy :slightly_smiling_face:

Glad that you’re up and running now and hope you also enjoy SubLab XL :pray:

Take care,
Julia