SubLab 1.1.5 Beta Thread

@Mxcn, so long as your not suggesting firing the marketing staff as well, as my wife does it and I’m not sure it would go down well!

Seriously though, this is not normal for you to have the issue. We’ve tested in Cubase and I can’t recreate it. If you’ve got the time can you do a screen video or some sound recording and I will have a look asap.

Yeah, that sounds like an initialization glitch with the interface and openGL. Can you try having two windows of sublab open and then close and open one?

SubLab 1.1.5 is performing well for me on macOS Catalina, Ableton Live 11.

Processor usage seems same as before

I haven’t had an issue recalling saved instances w/presets.

It didn’t manually ask me to reactivate, I saw it was pinging your servers and then I was able to use it again.

I thought I had starred more faves before and don’t see them now, but not sure if that happened during an earlier version and I didn’t notice.

Small thing, in the “glide” menu here it gets cut off “se…” and is meant to say “semi” or “st” (as in “semitone”)?

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 6.30.43 AM

I feel the General Settings menu is getting elaborate to where it deserves its own window with checkboxes, and not just selecting menus to toggle YES/NO.

Just received the beta and dowloaded and installed. opened up sublet in ableton 10 and Reason 11 and received used your code on too many computers message when activating. Note: I have used on this computer with Reason 11 but have never used with Ableton 11. No recent iOS system update. Mac Sierra 10.12.6

Yes,I will screen record the issue and post a video here as soon as I can.

1 Like

@Gavin_FAW I will post a video sometime this week but I’m the meantime load up the patch “Dark Side” and turn off the sub engine, sample, and synth. The VST will still generate a sound when playing keys and it a a high pitch distortion sound. I tried different sample rates and buffer size with the same results.

@Mxcn @Gavin_FAW I confirm I am able to repro this, I’ve edited Dark Side as follows: turned off all audio generators, and then moved the filter to a very high value to emphasize what’s happening.

Download this “Dark Side MOD.arcl”

In the process I uncovered another issue: I can’t seem to name presets with square brackets in them, which I commonly do elsewhere. Such as “Dark Side [MOD]”. If I try to save, it does nothing, no error message that these are unallowed characters.

Ok let me check that out, but what it sounds like is that the filter is self oscillating, which will happen even if you have the volume turned down on the sampler/synth/xSub.

I’ll also have a look at allowing you to save preset names with square braces, we have a list of characters that are not allowed, think square braces should be fine though to allow :+1:

1 Like

Good catch @ChristopheLambert!

Also what notes are you playing? Does it go away if you turn down the resonance of the filter? I’ve marked the resonance control in red below…

here… so far, so good.

logic pro 10.6.2
mac os 11.5 (public beta)
2019 intel imac

have work this weekend, will keep an eye on things, and report here if anything to report…

Can I please have the Beta

Hi Gavin, I did the test ‘having two windows of sublab opened then close + open one of them’. unfortunately the result is that there is still a glitch when opening a sublab windows in this case. Actually when opening the windows, the CPU highly increases (maybe due to graphical initialization as you suggested) and as the CPU is fully overloaded, i guess the audio buffering operation can’t be done on time, so the glitch happens
Hope this helps :wink:

@Gavin_FAW Ah great catch, yeah sounds like self-oscillation. It does go away if I decrease resonance, as shown in my example “Dark Side MOD” patch. At 100% resonance ANY note across the range of the keyboard will repro it.

Hi there :wave:

You could be getting that message for several reasons; reformatting your computer, restoring from backup, etc.

If you haven’t already, please send me a message on FAW Support to reset your code :slightly_smiling_face:

Has anyone else had the error code “96” appear when they installed the latest beta on Windows?

Thanks,
Gavin.

Hi Gavin, hi Julia.

• DAW version = Logic Pro 10.6.2
  • OS version = MacOS Big Sur version 11.4
  • Processor = 2.3 GHz , Quad core intel i7
  • Memory = 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    -Graphics = NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
  • SubLab version 1.1.5 Beta Confirmed
    -Fresh install of SubLab Confirmed

I have been getting a loud burst of audio coming from SubLab. SubLab does a loud and quick burst of bass sound then the burst of sound completely goes away but re appears when I bounce the tracks to file. The Problem started as soon as I purchased SubLab. Julia has Been super awesome and very helpful. I tried the 1.1.4 Beta with no luck. Now after a fresh install of Logic Pro with minimal Plugins and a fresh install of SubLab 1.1.5 I’m getting “something is up error: 96” This error 96 stops me from being able to activate SubLab 1.1.5. If I fresh install SubLab 1.1.4 I do not get the error 96 and I am able to activate SubLab. It Would be awesome to get help with both these issues I am experiencing. Thank you very much.

Hi @SRSRS,

Can you try the following steps…

1. What you’ll need to do is to first backup your folder “Library/Application Support/FAW/SubLab” by making a copy of it somewhere safe.
  2. Delete the SubLab.component from “/Library/Audio/Plug Ins/Components”
  3. Delete the two SubLab.vst3 SubLab.dll from “Library/Audio/Plugins/VST” and “Library/Audio/Plugins/VST3”
  4. Run the installer for 1.1.5…when you launch the Audio Unit, what is the version that is displayed on the activation page…is it 1.1.5?

Thanks for the quick response. Yes I have already done steps 1-4… the activation page does say 1.1.5

@SRSRS, so can you check the following folder’s permissions

“Library/Application Support/FAW/SubLab”…it should be read and write for the user account you are logged in under. The error you are gettting means that SubLab can’t write the activation file to the disk.