FL Studio Buffer Underrun/Freeze issue

Been using SubLab in FL Studio 20 for a day or two and loving the plugin.

However it is causing a lot of bugs in FL Studio and causing my PC to crash in a busy project. Everytime I pause/stop the project it stutters and struggles if I have Sublab loaded, even with the plugin turned off. If I completely remove it everything functions perfectly. I have a very powerful PC (i9 9900k etc)

I have tried 64bit and 32bit version of the VST3. I have tried using fixed size buffers in processing but doesn’t help.

I’m on Windows 10 using an Apollo x6. Using highest possible buffer length in drivers and still get the glitches and underruns (FL Studio reports around 6 each time i pause the project)

Any suggestions as I would hate to have to return this, I even bought the full sample bundles!

1 Like

Hey Readaz,

That sounds unusual, especially with an i9, which should fly along with SubLab. Are you seeing an interface glitches?

Gavin.

Hey Gavin,

No visible interface glitches with SubLab. The VST works perfect in general, aside from causing glitches when it kicks in occasionally and causing a brief freeze when stopping a project in FL Studio. It also consistently adds 2 or 3 underruns per instance of SubLab as reported in the audio settings tab. It also makes FL Studio crash when closing.

It hasn’t crashed my PC since posting so I’m thinking the crash was unrelelated so for now I’m just continuing using it and ignoring the issues.

I can attach a video example of the issue if necessary.

@Readaz a video would be great :+1:

Hello! Just saw this lone topic while looking for solutions, and I was wondering if this got resolved. I’m having pretty much the same issue minus actual crashing, but experiencing consistent underruns and added stutter upon hitting the stop button in FL Studio with Sublab merely loaded anywhere in the project.

1 Like

Hey @ajlee,

What version do you have? If you can let me know the full version number, including RXXX and date, it would help a lot.

Also, what operating system are you running? We were having glitches but we fixed it in the version that is currently in your account.

We’re unfortunately out of the office until next Monday, so if you have the latest version installed already, then it will be next Monday by the time we can have a look again.

Thanks for the patience and I’ll loop back around on Monday.

Best,
Gavin.

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for the heads up. It looks like I’m outdated then, because I’m on 1.1.3, 22 January 2020. I can’t seem to find the RXXX when I click the Sublab Logo in the plugin, but I’m on Windows 10. Sounds like I just need the latest version, however I’m not sure where to find it and what you mean by it being currently in my account. I checked PluginBoutique where I purchased the plugin and the latest version it has available to download is 1.1.3. Not sure where the best place to get the download link would be, but I’m happy to wait til you’re all back around Monday.

Thanks!

1 Like

Let me know how it goes after the update!

Gavin.

Hey Gavin,

Not sure if you saw my reply on the forum:

Thanks for the heads up. It looks like I’m outdated then, because I’m on 1.1.3, 22 January 2020. I can’t seem to find the RXXX when I click the Sublab Logo in the plugin, but I’m on Windows 10. Sounds like I just need the latest version, however I’m not sure where to find it and what you mean by it being currently in my account. I checked PluginBoutique where I purchased the plugin and the latest version it has available to download is 1.1.3. Not sure where the best place to get the download link would be, but I’m happy to wait til you’re all back around Monday.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @Gavin_FAW,

Just wanted to follow up on this, I’m guessing this is something really obvious but I can’t seem to find the latest available version for Sublab to download.

@ajlee,

If you look in your account it is under “Downloads”. If you purchased from Plugin Boutique, then send a mail to support with your activation code and we’ll create a new account on our site for you.

I’ve also sent everyone the new beta which I’ve tested here and it doesn’t have the buffer underrun/freeze. Check your PMs and let me know how it goes.

Best,
Gavin.

Just figured I’d add, the build I last tested that supposedly fixed the issue didn’t work for me. I haven’t tested any newer builds since early August, so maybe those are working now (not sure how behind I am). I might just be in a weird boat since this is still the only other topic I see on this when I google, or maybe my audio settings are strange although I’ve tested different options and for the past few months have gotten nothing to work. Here are my audio settings for reference.

In any case I just figured I’d add in case it’s useful to anybody that loading Sublab within Komplete Kontrol seems to make the underruns stop and could be a workaround. I would guess any 3rd party plugin host would eliminate it as long as it’s not using FL Studio’s native plugin wrapper. I tested it with this old Minihost Modular Beta plugin host and it stopped the underruns as well, though I don’t recommend using Minihost because it caused FL Studio to crash in other ways.