Sublab XL Note Velocity

I’ve got a MIDI pattern triggering Sublab XL, but when I adjust the velocities of the notes on that MIDI pattern, Sublab XL is just ignoring this and triggering everything at full velocity, making 808 rolls impossible to do.

This was fixed in Sublab by going into settings and turning on Note Velocity, But i cannot seem to find this option anywhere in Sublab XL. Has anyone found a fix for this?

2 Likes

i have the same issue in logic pro

1 Like

Ah cool a logic user, so you must be using a Mac then? I’m on Windows, so it’s not an OS specific issue at least. I’m using Studio One for what it’s worth so also seems to not be a DAW issue either.

1 Like

It seems like there is not Note Velocity inside the plugin unless I’m missing something. Super disappointing how did they miss this?

Not that I think is an OS or a Daw issue but for context Im using Studio One 5 on a Mac

2 Likes

As others have said, this does not appear to be OS or DAW related but I have the same issue in FL Studio 20 on Windows 10.

Definitely a big miss with the plugin not recognizing note velocities. Did it go out for beta testing at all?

Hopefully this gets fixed quickly or it won’t make it into my workflow.

3 Likes

I too am having this issue. I really hope that this is just a bug and supports note velocity. I was trying to set up a bass sound where you accent with harder strikes… kind of like a cymbal pattern but with sub bass instead… and can’t get it to work. Cubase 12 on Windows 11.

Hopefully one of the FAW folks see this and can let us know.

We’re on it guys :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks Gavin. Is there a rough ETA on when we can expect it? We talking weeks or months?

1 Like

same question…
two weeks and im not use xl…

1 Like

yea, this is pretty major.

1 Like

We’re working on a release with velocity, beta is due next week :+1: guys!

2 Likes

@zabeone @Silent @beowulf @thisisalbe @CMP

Hey guys,

I’ve upload a beta of 1.0.1 that has velocity enabled. The macOS links are live in this thread here:

Nice !
Waiting for the windows version.

2 Likes

It is absolutely incomprehensible for me how you could forget the velocity-function… I just bought the update for 20$ and again I am so disappointed because of this… it is so annoying…

I mean this is one of the most essential functions in the whole audio-production-world… Please make sure you fix this embarassing circumstance ASAP… Such a thing is a big shame to the brand FW and for the otherwise great product Sublab.

1 Like

@ivceprivce the velocity is working in the beta linked in the above post. Can you let me know if this works ok?

Ok, just downloaded the Beta and the velocity-setting works. I have tested it with Logic pro so far. . Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks @ivceprivce for the help!

Any idea when this is coming to windows?

Later today hopefully @Silent …we’ve fixed the velocity issue and just need to do a build and upload it.

2 Likes

Great news, thanks @Gavin_FAW