Refund for Garbage Plugin and customer service!

Let me start off by saying I’ve never had to address a company in this manner before but I purchased sublab last night in hopes that it would be dope. Then I find it constantly i mean constantly crashes my pc. Now in my previous post I posted my pc specs so I won’t do that here. Where I get pissed off is this company offers everybody a full refund within the first 30 days guaranteed no questions asked but when you try in look up their contact info on their website or how to go about getting a refund it isn’t listed. Now I see the duality of why some people get cracked plugins it’s because some company’s are crap company’s and offer crap customer service period! Now my order #'s 1910045 if not refunded my money I’ll definitely spread the word about this crap plugin you guys are ripping off the consumer with oh and one more thing the email for this company on google which info@futureworkshop.com is none existent so give the customer the real info we’re entitled too!

Hi @Ken,

It’s Sunday today, and your first post was yesterday, Saturday. We do take Saturdays and Sundays off.

We always honor our 30 day refund and we’ll gladly issue your refund on Monday.

For anybody else that might read this thread in the future looking for a refund, you can send a message to FAW Support via the “help” button on the bottom right corner of the page and request a refund within 30 days of purchase. We will issue your refund within 24-48 hours Monday-Friday.

Take care,
Julia