[Latest Beta] SubLab 1.1.0 (build date 24/6/19)

Hey everyone,

We’ve a beta of 1.1.0 ready for testing. The main changes are as follows…

Changelog since 1.0.0

• Fixed default note trigger, see thread here for details ( direct link )

• Added an entry to the settings.xml for changing the default way the sample rate works internally in the sampler.

• Filter send control now responds a lot faster, previously it was taking ~1 sec to reach the final value set by the control.

• Ability to turn off openGL support which fixes issues with some onboard Intel graphics cards.

• NKS support on macOS and Windows

• Added “reset phase on new note” settings. This allows you to turn on/off resetting of the phase of the oscillators and xSub when ever a new note is played.

• The icons on the mixer now allow you to mute on/off the relevant mixer channel.

• VST3 on Windows is now installing correctly.

• Sometimes the activation code was not being accepted when pasted from the website. We’ve fixed this.

• You can now import/export sound packs easily. See tutorial here on how it works.

Anyone who wants to beta test, just send me a mail (gavin.burke@futureaudioworkshop.com) or private message and I’ll forward on the download links. If sending a mail, make sure to use the same email address as your FAW account.

Thanks again and looking forward to getting this version checked and out!

Gavin.

5 Likes

Good news, Email sent!

1 Like

Check your inbox Andy!

tested, no more installation issues everything smooth, regarding mute/unmute it would be cool if I turn off a channel from the mixer the name of the engine would be grey as well…(see pic)
Just saying…nothing relevant :grinning:

1 Like

@Residente the thought did occur to us, but in the end we took a cue from Ableton when you mute a channel. The level indicators grey out, but the channel and plug-in all still stay the same colour.

Thanks as always for taking a look, much appreciated :+1:

Gavin.

1 Like

Hi, asked for beta access 11 days ago, didn’t get any response (filled out the form)…
maybe it will be released shorty?

Hey @digi

We’re waiting for help from the iLok people before we can release this beta, it was the 4th of July holiday weekend in the US, so hopefully they will get back to us today/tomorrow. Once we are back up and running with iLok we’ll release the beta. It is good to go here already.

Thanks,
Gavin.

Hi @Gavin_FAW will you go on iLok?

@Residente nope def not after spending time on KVR :wink: What we need iLok for is that in order to do AAX version, we need to run a couple of commands that are talk to our company iLok. We’re bascially signing the AAX and saying that it is verified from Future Audio Workshop and to confirm this, it talks to our iLok to make sure we are FAW.

Ok that’s clear, thanks for your explanation :wink:

We’ve also added the ability to import/export sound packs easily. The idea is to kick start people sound designing and sharing/selling their own packs for SubLab.

We’ve put together a short article on how to export a pack here: https://support.futureaudioworkshop.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026365154

Good one, love this kind of thing! :blush:

1 Like

PM sent for get 1.1.0
Thanks @Gavin_FAW

Thx for the 1.1.0 beta.
I´m one of the guys having problems with activation.
The issue is already there.
… perhaps the iLok peeps brought the sh!t to the code?

Hey @Paul

Here are couple of steps that would be good to have you go through.

1. Is the FAW install folder existing on your hardrive? Its location is C:/Program Files/FAW/SubLab
  2. If this folder exists, can you try to activate and directly after doing so, check inside C:/Program Files/FAW/SubLab/ and do you see a file sublab.kfp?
  3. If you right click on /FAW/SubLab/ and select “Properties” then select the “Security” tab you should see the permissions for the folder. Can you click “Advanced” and then take a screen shot of what comes up. This will list the permissions on the SubLab folder. Once you have taken this image, please send it over to me at support@futureaudioworkshop.com

Gavin.

Hi Gavin@FAW & team… it’s good to be here.

First, I want to say what a great tool SubLab is. The attention to detail is very apparent and exactly the type of product which creates genuine enthusiasm. Fantastic work guys!

So far, build 1.1 seems stable here. I’ve been testing to check the various improvements and it appears I can indeed confirm the changes made. I’m going to continue to make sure and will report back if I find any conflicts.

At this point, I only have one main suggestion regarding SL’s primary function-

• Not sure if this has been discussed, but it would be a welcome added feature to allow Micro [cents] tuning of the Synth section. Personally, I need this capability even now since I’m working with a project which is tuned to 432Hz. So, Gavin please let us know your thoughts.

The only other suggestion I have is regarding continuity of Patch volume levels. Simply put, I would prefer patches conform to a relative standard of sorts. I understand pack creators need to convey their vision for presets, still perhaps there could be a basic recommendation regarding levels. Once again, forgive me if this has been discussed already.

Best,

Geo
LP 10.4.5

Hey @Geo

Glad your enjoying SubLab and thanks a million for checking out the latest beta.

On the 432Hz, I’ve obviously watched a few of the Youtube videos on the topic. Whether I believe 440Hz tuning is a conspiracy to drive the world insane is neither here nor there ( :wink: ), but on the technical side, we have 440Hz hard coded everywhere and it is non-trivial to make it a setting. This is why we’re a bit slow in taking it on right now. I’m totally down for giving it shot when we have some of the other features together though.

On the patch volume, we did spend a good bit of time trying to volume match the presets, but will go even further in this regard with the upcoming patches.

Again thanks for the feedback @Geo, looking forward to improving SubLab even further over the coming months!

Gavin.

Thanks Gavin!

I understand about the coding… a Fine Tune control like in the Sampler engine would suffice. Thanks for considering adding this feature! I would likely use it for more than just 432 tuning. Regarding the conspiracy :wink: I don’t dwell on that either! I do like the way 432Hz sounds though!

I was working today with SL’s Compressor, and thought I’d suggest a couple of things which I’d personally find helpful-

• The Threshold slider, partially obscures the underlying graph. Perhaps simply removing the Label from the center might help, or even moving the knob itself to the right side of the display? I’d probably prefer an arrow on the right outside, like the Limiter.
  • The Compressor’s gain reduction graph would be more visible IMO if the top line (top attenuation outline, not fill) was white or perhaps a color. I don’t mind the fill being gray though.
  • Regarding the Side Chain… even though I appreciate the SC to Synth function, some users might find a conventional Hz function more useful.

Best,

Geo

Just downloaded this update from my account. It wasn’t listed as a beta, just the normal download.

I’m finding that the Synth envelope doesn’t behave the same when reset phase is enabled. The attack is significantly different. I’m also getting audible clicks at the start of a note, even with long attacks when that mode is on.

Just did some further testing looking at printed audio and noticed there seems to be some uncompensated latency. Sublab output is delayed ~220 samples.

Hey Btfnk,

Thanks for having a look!

Can you let me know if you have a sample delay time at a value higher than zero. Also what DAW are you using and what is your buffer size.

Resetting the phase to zero causes the envelope to reset and re-trigger from zero also.

Gavin.